Mold Removal | Why Mold Removal Is So Important

Mold Removal | Mold is a severe problem that can start in your home due to moisture content and water damage. Mold is a health concern that can be extremely dangerous and cause allergic reactions, lung problems, and other issues. Mold can grow and spread quickly once it has started and mold removal by a professional is often necessary to prevent illness and to stop the growth.

Why is Mold Dangerous?

Mold produces dangerous spores that travel through the air and can be inhaled, causing allergic reactions such as sneezing, rashes, difficulty breathing, and itchy eyes. Mold can also trigger asthma attacks. You can also become sick through physical contact with mold.

Why Does Mold Removal Need Professionals?

Disturbing a patch of mold can send more of the dangerous spores into the air and spread the growth on other areas of your home. A mold remediation service should be contacted to remove the mold from your home in a safe and contained way. Mold removal specialists have the necessary equipment and knowledge to rid your home of mold safely.

There is also a chance that mold is hidden in your home under wallpaper, inside your ducts or crawlspaces, and other places that can hold moisture. A professional mold removal company can ensure that all areas of your home are checked for mold and complete remediation can occur.

How to Tell if You Have A Mold Problem?

One of the first indicators of mold is a musty or mildew smell. Visible signs include black, brown, green or grey spots on the wall, usually in corners or along with trim. Mold is cottony or velvety in texture and can change color over time. You might also want to get a mold inspection if you or your family is getting sick with respiratory problems often.

If you are ready for a consultation for mold removal, call ServiceMaster of Chesapeake at 843-760-0404.